Ethics and Policies
Ethics and Policies
Code of Conduct for Publication of Articles of the Journal of Science & Technology, Southeast Asia University
Editor's Roles and Duties
The editor is responsible for overseeing the management of journals in accordance with the criteria set by the Thai Academic Journal Citation Index Center (TCI).
1. Editors have the direct duty and responsibility to consider the selection of all original articles submitted. and evaluate the conclusions to decide on the approval of the publication of the original article as an academic work of the journal. by considering and taking into account the terms and conditions of the journal The quality of the work that affects the advancement of the academic community. and the benefits that occur to the academic community and followers reading such articles There is no conflict of interest or redundant benefits with the author of the article. And such steps should be carried out through an electronic journal system in order to keep a concrete record of the operation.
2. Editors must strictly select article evaluators to have knowledge and expertise that match that article. Must facilitate the process of evaluating the quality of original articles by qualified persons with academic objectivity. without any prejudice and take time for appropriate action and must accept the article evaluation results from the article reviewers without modifying or modifying other texts other than those recommended by the article reviewer And do not use power or duty to overwhelm the article evaluator to evaluate the article as they want.
3. Editors should not accept articles that have not been evaluated by an article reviewer. and must not create improper intervention in any process that would result in an increase in the quality of the journals they operate.
4. Editors must verify the duplication of articles according to academic standards by using a reliable program that the articles submitted for publication in journals do not plagiarize others. If the work of others is plagiarized and must notify the article owner immediately If the author of the article does not comply with the recommendations, the editor can immediately reject the publication.
5. Editors must keep information, testimony, and various information submitted for consideration and evaluation of publication with the journal confidential. and do not disclose any communication information of a qualified person evaluating the article is strictly prohibited. Must strictly follow the procedures and processes of the journal. To verify the work that will be published to the public and to supervise the publication of the journal to complete and achieve the goals of the responsible agency
Roles and duties of Reviewer
1. The article assessor must evaluate the article within the time frame specified by the journal and must submit the completed article to the journal within 14 days from the date of receiving the article.
2. Article evaluators must take into account the quality of the article. by adhering to academic principles and in accordance with the objectives of the journal and must evaluate the articles strictly according to the journal's assessment model without any bias at all. and must have a code of ethics not to disclose information or the results of article evaluation to other departments or other persons.
3. An article evaluator assesses the original article with fairness. Free from bias, bias, subjective opinions without credible and non-technical evidence are not used as a basis for evaluating articles. and should provide feedback from the assessment that the author can use to improve the quality of writing and composing articles. and do not use any part of the content that they evaluated as their own work without the consent of the author of the article or from the journal
4. Article evaluators must have knowledge, understanding and expertise in the content of the work they evaluate. If not, the assessor can refuse to evaluate the article. If you find content in an article that you self-assessed is duplicate or similar to the work of others.
5. Article evaluators if they determine that the original article assigned to the quality assessment may have some issue with publishing ethics, such as plagiarism. reproduction of previously published works Failure to cite or mention previous owners Submitting a single work at the same time to an academic journal, etc., must notify the editors immediately. with clear supporting evidence If there is a suggestion that is in addition to the issues mentioned in the assessment form, it can be clearly presented in writing.
6. Article evaluators must not have duplicate interests or conflicts with the article owners. If the editor knows later, he will cancel the assessment result and the journal reserves the right not to submit the article for you to evaluate next time.
Roles and duties of the author of the article
1. Authors should not submit original articles to be considered in the selection process and quality assessment of articles from the same research for publication in more than one academic journal. and must not submit the same manuscript to apply for admission to more than one journal at the same time.
2. The author of the article must not infringe the copyright or copy the article or other person's work as his own work without conforming to the reference format of the work that meets the academic standards. and must pass a credible academic selection program
3. The author of the article must adjust or modify the published work according to the publishing style and citation style of the source according to the format specified by the journal. and must modify the published work according to the recommendations or according to the article evaluation results from the editorial review panel. If not edited according to the instructions, the journal reserves the right not to publish your article. And the author of the article must agree that the article or the published work is the copyright of the journal and not to be published in other sources.
4. Writing about information that is still in the process of concealment, such as articles currently being assessed for quality. Project proposals that are currently being submitted for evaluation by funding sources, etc., must always be given authorization from the relevant person(s) to the author(s). Or it must be done in accordance with the requirements of the sponsoring agency.
5. The author of the article must comply with the conditions and recommendations of the journal within the period specified by the journal. and reserves the right not to accept your article for publication and not request a refund of the publishing fee in any case
6. The author must report the facts arising from the research. Do not distort information or provide false information for any benefit. And must write and compile the details and procedures for various actions clearly and enough for the reader to be able to carry out the study by repeating themselves.