About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Publication of the journal started in 1974. Its original name was “KKU Engineering Journal”. English and Thai manuscripts were accepted. The journal was originally aimed at publishing research that was conducted and implemented in the northeast of Thailand. It is regarded a national journal and has been indexed in the Thai-journal Citation Index (TCI) database since 2004. The journal now accepts only English language manuscripts and became open-access in 2015 to attract more international readers. It was renamed Engineering and Applied Science Research in 2017. The editorial team agreed to publish more international papers, therefore, the new journal title is more appropriate. The journal focuses on research in the field of engineering that not only presents highly original ideas and advanced technology, but also are practical applications of appropriate technology.
Peer Review Process
Engineering and Applied Science Research (EASR) was published by the Faculty of Engineering, Khon Kaen University (KKU), the journal was committed to provide academic and research works in Engineering and Technology.
All submitted manuscripts must be reviewed by at least two expert reviewers via the double-blinded review system.
The Engineering and Applied Science Research (EASR) is a tri-monthly journal circulated every three months: January – March, April – June, July – September, and October – December by the Faculty of Engineering at Khon Kaen University. Its purpose is to promote and disseminate knowledge, academic work and research in engineering and technology. Copies of the journals are sent to different academic institutions in the country. All articles to be published must be approved by experts in their related fields and have all rights reserved under the Patent Act of 1994.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
- Creative Commons Copyright License
The journal allows readers to download and share all published articles as long as they properly cite such articles; however, they cannot change them or use them commercially. This is classified as CC BY-NC-ND for the creative commons license.
- Retention of Copyright and Publishing Rights
The journal allows the authors of the published articles to hold copyrights and publishing rights without restrictions.
There are no charges to submit and publish all types of articles in the EASR journal. All articles published in our journal are open access and are freely and widely available to all readers via the journal website.
Engineering and Applied Science Research (EASR) adheres to the Code of Conduct and Best practice Guidelines for Journal Editors (https://publicationethics.org/files/Code_of_conduct_for_journal_editors_Mar11.pdf).
The editorial team of EASR:
- Should constantly improve the quality of the journal by publishing high quality research work, update the review process to meet up-to-date publishing technology.
- Must not disclose any information related to a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisors, and the publisher as appropriate.
- Should be fair to all authors and evaluate a manuscript for its intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
- Pursue and try to prevent misconduct in published and unpublished work related to: plagiarism of other works, data fabrication and/or falsification, manuscripts with duplicate submissions, ghost authors, and citation manipulation. An article corresponding to the aforementioned violations must be withdrawn or retracted from the journal.
- Take reasonable steps to publish corrections clarifications, and apologies when needed.
- Consult editorial board members periodically, and inform them of any changes made to the journal.
The reviewers should:
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and documents in the review process.
- Provide timely and unbiased feedback on the manuscripts to the editorial office.
- Immediately decline to review a manuscript that is out of their fields of expertise.
- Advise the Editors in cases of possible misconduct related to manuscripts that: plagiarize other works, contain data fabrication and/or falsification, contain ghost authors, and contain citation manipulation.
- Never use unpublished materials disclosed in the review process in their own research without permission of the authors.
The authors should:
- Ensure that the submitted manuscript contains original work with proper citations and sufficient details. The manuscript should at least have acceptable English expression.
- Never submit a manuscript that plagiarizes other works, contains data fabrication and/or falsification, has duplicate submission, has ghost authors, and contains citation manipulation.
- Provide sufficient information of all authors of the manuscript.
- Provide proper acknowledgement of research funding.
Faculty of Engineering, Khon Kaen University