About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Applied Environmental Research (AER) welcomes contributions in a wide range of environmental disciplines. The journal publishes articles on environment, environmental pollution, hazardous substance and chemical management, natural resources management, climate change, and other interdisciplinary environmental issues.
Subject areas related to the journal’s theme also include:
- Emerging hazardous pollutants and their determination methods
- Remediation technologies
- Environmental quality monitoring
- Environmental modeling
- Transboundary pollutants
- Risk assessment
- Life cycle assessment
- Natural resource deterioration and management
- Policies and measures for environmental protection and management
- Effects and mitigation of climate change and disasters and adaption measures
The primary criteria for publication are scientific quality and environmental significance.
Types of Papers
AER publishes full-length original research papers and review papers that fall within the above-stated focus and scope.
Original Research Paper
- Original articles that explain the background and objectives/hypotheses (if any) of the study, materials and methods used, analysis of results, interpretations and discussion, as well as conclusions based on the evidence collected.
- Manuscripts should not exceed 5,000 words (excluding references).
- Full-length research papers that fall within the above stated focus and scope are welcome.
- Articles that systematically summarize the findings of published studies and existing knowledge on a particular topic, and identifies the current status.
- Manuscripts should not exceed 7,000 words (excluding references).
- This type of papers is published through either an editor’s invitation or author’s proposal for the review article.
- Author’s proposals for review articles should be submitted to the Editor-in-Chief prior to article submission. Proposals must contain the following components for consideration: (1) brief summary of the proposed review article’s content and (2) a clear indication of the novelty and urgency of such a review paper at the time of proposal submission. Please send your proposal directly to the Editor-in-Chief at the e-mail address available on the Journal homepage.
Peer Review Process
The journal follows a double-blinded peer review process. This means that both reviewer and author identities are concealed throughout the review. Submitted papers will be initially evaluated by the Editor-in-Chief for suitability to the journal. A plagiarism check will be conducted on all papers prior to review. Papers deemed suitable with a similarity index of less than 30% are sent to the Section Editor for an invitation of a minimum of two independent expert reviewers to assess the scientific quality of the study. The Section Editor is responsible for the final decision regarding acceptance or rejection of all manuscripts. The Section Editor’s decision is final.
Additional information about the journal’s publishing process flow is available in the Publishing Process.
The journal publishes three issues a year (January-April, May-August, and September-December) both print and online.
The journal does not impose page charges.
About this Journal
Journal Title: Applied Environmental Research
Coverage: Volume 1/1979-Volume 41/2019
Print ISSN: 2287-0741
Online ISSN: 2287-075X
Publisher: Environmental Research Institute, Chulalongkorn University
Previous Title: Journal of Environmental Research
(Publication in Thai: 1979-2008; Publication in English: 2009-2013)
Print ISSN: 0125-6939