Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- 1. I have read the About the Journal page for the Journal’s submission policies and the Editorial Manager: Tutorial for Authors on Aries Systems website for the steps in registration, log in, submission, and tracking your submission processes.
- 2. I have included the names and contact information of all authors in a previous submission step. Inclusion of such information indicates that these individuals have agreed to be an author.
- 3. I have read and agree to follow the Nakhara: Journal of Environmental Design and Planning (NJEDP) Author Guidelines.
- 4. I attest that this manuscript is not currently being considered by other journals (or conference proceedings) nor has it been published elsewhere in English and other languages.
- 5. I verify that if this manuscript describes a study wherein humans or animals were subjects, the treatment of those subjects was in accordance with established ethical guidelines and appropriate institutional approval has been obtained.
- 6. This manuscript has been prepared consistent with APA Publication Manual guidelines.
- 7. I have included a Research Question/Problem Statement/Public Significance Statement in the manuscript.
- 8. I have obtained permission to reproduce or adapt any copyrighted material from other sources and am able to provide documentation for this permission.
- 9. I agree to comply with APA Ethics Code Standard 8.14a, Sharing Research Data for Verification, allowing other qualified professionals to confirm the analyses and results should my manuscript be accepted for publication. Per APA guidelines I will retain raw data for a minimum of 5 years after publication of the research.
- 10. If my manuscript is accepted for publication, I agree to transfer copyright to Nakhara: Journal of Environmental Design and Planning (NJEDP) full and exclusive rights to the manuscript, all revisions, and the full copyright.
- 11. I have been informed that Nakhara: Journal of Environmental Design and Planning (NJEDP) is an open-access, double-blind peer-reviewed journal.
- 12. If my manuscript submission includes supplemental materials, I have explained the relevance of these materials in the article itself and within the supplemental materials.
- 13. If this submission funded by a grant, I have included the grant information in the acknowledgement.
- 14. If this submission received research ethics committee (e.g. Institutional review board) approval, I have included this information in the acknowledgement.
- 15. I verify that the submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- 16. I verify that URLs for the references are provided, where available.
- 17. I verify that the text is single-spaced; uses a 10-point Times font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- 18. I verify that the word count of the manuscript does not exceed 8,000 words.
- 19. I verify that the word count of the abstract is between 250-500 words.
- 20. I understand that the Corresponding Author is the sole contact for the Editorial process. I am responsible for communicating with the other authors about progress, submissions of revisions and final approval of proofs.